At Arcus Consultancy Services we are committed to our culture of nurturing talent and valuing people. Our team enjoys working here and we know you will too. We reward hard work, innovation and success, and in return you will benefit from:
- Working on a range of exciting and varied projects;
- Office location in Cape Town CBD;
- Being an integral part of a respected and talented team of professionals; and
- Being part of a growing organisation with healthy ambitions for further development.
Arcus Cape Town is looking to recruit an EAP and Project Manager to provide high quality environmental consultancy services to internal and external clients, working autonomously and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and delivery of EIAs across the power sector in Southern Africa. With the ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams, you will be responsible for delivering projects to a high standard whilst managing timescales and budget. The ability to draw on your own understanding and that of technical specialists to provide balanced advice and solutions to clients on a range of environmental issues is essential. You will have a proven track record of successfully delivering EIA projects, and it would be beneficial to have experience of working across the whole development life cycle, from project feasibility and due diligence, through to operation.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment and will be responsible for leading environmental impact assessment and environment permitting for a variety of clients. He/she will also be responsible for proposals, report writing, presentations. Specific duties will include scoping the work required to fulfil the requirements of NEMA and all other related environmental legislation, the coordination of field work, preparation of scoping, impact assessment reports and environmental management programmes, based on results of data and coordination of large teams of subject discipline experts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver projects to schedule and budget;
- Liaise appropriately with in-house specialists as well as sub-consultants, developers and other relevant bodies;
- Financial control and budgeting responsibility as project manager;
- Review the work of others to ensure high quality output;
- Identify Arcus’ business areas, key clients and their requirements (through questioning)
- Prepare high quality reports and other deliverables;
- Manage large EIA projects including onshore and offshore wind developments;
- Assist with the post-consent phase of renewable energy and other developments ;
- Management of projects including management of field work logistics, management of field teams, client communication, time recording, timescales and budget control, with support from the Technical Director;
- Working knowledge and use ARC Pro and GIS skills are essential;
- Understand and fulfil the requirements of Arcus’ Integrated Management System;
- Adhere to Arcus Health and Safety systems and procedures and take reasonable measures to ensure your own Health and Safety and that of co-workers;
- Represent the company at client meetings, conferences and other events;
- Prepare and/or assist with tender submissions for new projects;
- Provide advice and support to junior members of staff; and
- Any other duties, commensurate with the post, assigned by the Technical Director.
- Contributing to the development of Arcus’ business operations in South Africa in identifying opportunities for provision of EIA and other environmental services, and providing high quality services to existing and prospective clients;
- Communicate appropriately with existing and potential clients ; and
- Discuss capabilities with service teams to ensure opportunities are maximised.
- The successful candidate must be registered or eligible to get SACNASP or EAPASA registration and have up to 8 years working experience in Environmental Consulting and Project Management.
- Position requires travelling to site and to client meetings on a regular basis.
If you qualify and feel you meet the above requirements, please email your full CV along with a covering letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role and stating current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: 25 January 2020