We are seeking a Junior Acoustic Consultant to join our team in Cape Town. This position would be well suited to someone keen to build a career as a consultant and develop a broad range of experience and specific expertise on high profile projects with major clients.
The ideal candidate would be trained to provide high quality acoustic consultancy services to internal and external clients, including carrying out noise and vibration assessments, marketing, writing proposals, providing on-site noise and vibration monitoring, data analysis and reporting. To work autonomously and as part of a team.
Main duties and responsibilities: Consultancy
- Carry out noise assessments
- Ensure noise monitoring equipment is maintained, calibrated and prepared for site work
- Undertake on-site monitoring of noise and vibration using up to date and fully calibrated equipment
- Represent the company at client meetings, conferences and other events
- Prepare and/or assist with tender submissions for new projects
- Prepare reports and other deliverables
- Any other duties and responsibilities associated with the job role that the employee is reasonably required to have
- Position requires travelling to site, other Arcus offices and to client meetings on a regular basis.
- A minimum of a BA Major in Music / BMus General; and / or
- BSc degree Environmental Management or equivalent applicable degree
- In acoustic / sound / or similar engineering consultancy
- Basic knowledge of acoustics
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Good IT skills, including word processing, spreadsheets
- Basic GIS capabilities
- Quantitative, numerical and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
To apply or for more information regarding the post, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) with brief cover letter, copy of driver’s license and a contactable reference to recruitmentSA@arcusconsulting.co.za before 20 February 2019.