At Arcus Consultancy Services we are committed to our culture of nurturing talent and valuing people. Our team enjoys working here and we know you will too. We reward hard work, innovation and success, and in return you will benefit from:
- Working on a range of exciting and varied projects;
- Great office locations;
- Being an integral part of a respected and talented team of professionals; and
- Being part of a growing organisation with healthy ambitions for further development.
Arcus Cape Town is looking to recruit a Junior Ecologist who can support the Ecology Services within the business and provide quality ecological consultancy services to clients. The successful candidate will have 1 year’s previous experience in a similar environment.
- Organise and implement field surveys, with a focus on bats and birds for a range of projects but principally renewable energy developments;
- Manage small projects, ensuring the clients key requirements are and seek solutions to constraints following/during site visits;
- Plan and carry out ecological field surveys autonomously or as part of a team, and provide instruction to subcontractors;
- Collate ecological field data, create maps for reports and field surveys using ArcGIS;
- Prepare simple reports and other deliverables, ensuring the production of high quality outputs following review;
- Provide support to other members of staff when requested
- Any other duties and responsibilities associated with the job role that the employee is reasonably required to undertake.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of a BSc degree in Zoology, Conservation, Botany, Entomology, Ecology or Ornithology, or similar or, a Diploma in Nature Conservation;
- Basic knowledge of South African ecology as it relates to bats and/or birds, including bird identification skills;
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken in English and/or Afrikaans;
- Good IT skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and basic GIS capabilities;
- Quantitative analytical skills; and
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please email your CV along with a covering letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role and stating current salary to email@example.com