Imagine going to work knowing you can make a difference. By joining Arcus, you will be part of a leading environmental consultancy, working on renewable energy schemes across South Africa. On the back of a growing workload and new opportunities, we are seeking a talented Senior Ecologist to join our team in Cape Town. The position would be well suited to an experienced consultant, looking to build on their existing skillset and work on exciting projects.
- Completing, co-ordinating and scheduling ecology surveys;
- Managing projects, teams and sub-consultants to ensure the delivery of projects to schedule and budget;
- Assisting with terrestrial ecology studies across the power sector in South Africa;
- Carrying out Ecological Impact Assessments;
- Managing and delivering Ecological Specialist Assessments;
- Writing technical reports, assessments and other deliverables;
- Managing and submitting ecology proposals; and
- Advising clients and negotiating with regulators and stakeholders.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years relevant experience;
- A degree in ecology/zoology or a related field;
- Experience co-ordinating and undertaking a range of ecology surveys (Plant Species Theme, Animal Species Theme, Biodiversity assessments);
- Report-writing experience;
- Knowledge of relevant guidance and legislation;
- Membership of SACNASP; and
- Full driving licence.
We are committed to our culture of nurturing talent and valuing people. As well as competitive salaries and flexible working arrangements, Arcus employees are offered a range of other benefits, including:
- Profit share scheme and discretionary bonus;
- Pension contributions;
- Generous holiday allowance, including the opportunity to buy additional holidays;
- Medical Aid contributions; and
- Professional Development.
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to RecruitmentSA@arcusconsulting.co.za.